Rising Against All Odds- founded in 2011, is licensed by the State of Florida as a non- profit, 501(c) 3 organization committed to promoting health and disease prevention. RAAO operates as a grass roots organization targeting marginalized and low income populations of West Volusia County. This organization was founded on the belief that if you really want to change a culture, to empower a culture; to eliminate the social inequity, then you extend yourself to one who will become many.
Rising Against All Odds, Inc. focuses on Outreach HIV Testing, Counseling, Community Support, Resource, Referral Center and collaborative Comprehensive Case Management. RAAO has been able to cross the barriers and build relationships with all of our brothers and sisters of diverse communities in this area. It is our intent to continue to expand our base and services. There are continual goals and challenges set and met in moving towards a healthier community. With the grace of Gods abundance, we make a difference!”
- In 2022, Rising Against All Odds was awarded the Community Engagement Award by Stetson University.
- In 2022, Brenda earned the prestigious National Award of Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and AIDS United for Health Equity.
- In 2021, She received “A Community Pillar” Award
- In 2020 Brenda was a Black History Month Honoree by the City of DeLand.
- One of three nominated for the 2015 La Sante Maria Caravel Awards; West Volusia Branch Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
- In May 2015, Brenda received the” Cheryl Poole Whitted” Humanitarian Award from the Electrolytes Charity Organization.
- On February 2015 a Proclamation issued by the City of Deland Mayor Apgar was signed in recognition of the continued hard work being done by Rising Against All Odds, naming February 22, “Rising Against All Odds Day!”
- In 2015 Brenda was recognized by The Daughters of Change Ministries “For an Act of Faith”
- 2012 recipient of the “Exceptional Community Advocate Award” in recognition of her distinguished dedication to outreach and service of her community at large.